We have learned from multiple sources that the ONLY REASON why both the current MEP-POR-RED coalition and the previous AVP government are “totally committed” to building 5,000 extra rooms is that they will require 24,000 new people to enter the labor force.
They will all need to be of young age so that their AOV/AWW and AZV premiums will guarantee that both pensions and AZV coverage for all those entitled can be paid for, because the current labor force demographics will not guarantee minimum required coverage of pensions and AZV.
The harsh reality is that 24,000 extra people will so overburden all of our physical, social and public infrastructures that our national debt problems will spiral totally out of control.
The government needs to NOW (1) reduce the public sector by 2,500 people so that our public sector indicators are back in line with those of Curacao.
(2) must raise the pension age to 65.
(3) introduce a tax reform where there are no exemptions for basic services, e.g. Serlimar, and where we HEAVILY FINE AND ENFORCE existing labor, environmental, public health, safety and other regulation.
(3) introduce on a super-fast track eGovernance and eGovernment a la Estonia.
(4) diversify the economy by focusing on high tech health, IT, biotech, creative industry and global entertainment media and high-end MICE segments in tourism.
(4) super-fast track 100 innovations initiative launched by Prime Minister Wever-Croes at 2nd annual Innovation Summit, held on February 28 last.
(5) Allow Seroe Colorado to become a master planned high technology community area like Sophia Antipolis near Nice, France with a science and technology park, incubator, research and development area and convention facilities (convention center plus small boutique hotels).
(6) in collaboration with science and technology community of Aruba, create a national science and technology infrastructure to allow Aruba to become a high-tech hub between the European Union and the Americas.